Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday October 9, 2011

We have had such a string of beautiful days and I think today was the topper.  Went to church and worked in the nursery - love to rock those babies!  Especially Abigail!  She's beautiful and just so placid and happy and smiles at me all the time.  Just what I need after another frustrating week.  Jeff and Alyson were SUPPOSED to move out this week-end - about the 40th week-end they've told us that, but it didn't happen.  He is having a very hard time making any money and I wonder how they will afford to pay rent, utilities, groceries - all the things it takes to live.  Then, Nathan came home.  He'd left this summer after I told him he couldn't continue living the way he was - no job, no school - just smoking pot and "hanging out".  The family he was living with made him left after their son got into trouble with the law (drinking) and they said that Nathan was not a good influence - but to the best of my knowledge, he doesn't drink - at least, not on a regular basis. He had nowhere to go so I had to take him in and I'm allowing him to sleep in the RV - it's a good bed.  We went and FINALLY had his eyes examined yesterday and when Hank gives us the money, we will go and get his glasses made.  He really needs them so he can get his drivers license and HOPEFULLY find a job.  This is his hope anyway.  He cleaned out the gutters for us and put screens on them and we were so glad he showed up to do that.  We simply could not get up on the ladder and do it and would NEVER get up on the roof like he did.  The Lord is good and I don't know what I would do without Him.  We need him to open the windows of Heaven and pour out a blessing on us so we can help others that are in such need.  Please Father, bless us and we will be a blessing to others - starting with our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment